Support for Early Career Scientists and Indigenous Scientists
To support and increase the number of Early Career (ECS) and Indigenous Scientists (IS) at the IGS Symposium on Sea Ice – Across Temporal and Spatial Scales, together with partners, we offer funding to partially cover the expenses to attend the conference. The key facts:
- Prerequisite: early career scientist (up to five years after PhD) or indigenous scientist
- Support will cover the symposium registration fee (if registered before the Early-bird deadline 28 March 2023) and variable travel support depending on location of residence (300€–1000€).
- For applicants living within a 12 hour train ride from the venue, travel support by default will only be granted for train tickets (well-founded exceptions, e.g. disability, are possible).
- Application procedure: Send
- 1) submitted conference abstract,
- 2) maximum 2-page CV, and
- 3) the document to the right (after completing it)
to: email@example.com with “ECS/IS Support” and your name in the subject
- Need to submit 1-page feedback form after the conference.
Submission deadline was 26 February 2023
The application will be reviewed by an evaluation committee with members from APECS Germany and the Science Steering Committee.
The notification of the evaluation results, originally scheduled for 17 March 2023, has unfortunately been postponed to the week starting on 20 March (i.e., as soon as possible). Best keep an eye on your mailbox from Monday onwards!