Support for Early Career Scientists and Indigenous Scientists
To support and increase the number of Early Career (ECS) and Indigenous Scientists (IS) at the IGS Symposium on Sea Ice – Across Temporal and Spatial Scales, together with partners, we offer funding to partially cover the expenses to attend the conference. The key facts:
- Prerequisite: early career scientist (up to five years after PhD) or indigenous scientist
- Support will cover the symposium registration fee (if registered before the Early-bird deadline 28 March 2023) and variable travel support depending on location of residence (300€–1000€).
- For applicants living within a 12 hour train ride from the venue, travel support by default will only be granted for train tickets (well-founded exceptions, e.g. disability, are possible).
- Application procedure: Send
- 1) submitted conference abstract,
- 2) maximum 2-page CV, and
- 3) the document to the right (after completing it)
to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “ECS/IS Support” and your name in the subject
- Need to submit 1-page feedback form after the conference.
Submission deadline was 26 February 2023 and grants have been distributed already. No further applications are possible.